Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A friend sent me a link to a video and I was reminded how a little gesture can have far reaching implications and underscore what is really important in life. I bring this up not to pat myself on the back but because I think it is important to realize that no matter how small the gesture, you can touch someones life and not even be aware of it. We created the "Keep Wagging" slogan to remind people to take a lesson from dogs and keep a positive attitude in spite of anything and everything life throws at them. This stems from watching too many seriously injured dogs that wagged when I approached them on an exam table. Here's a dog with a broken leg and in spite of his pain, he's wagging because he's happy to see me. That is a valuable lesson and I would learn that it can get you through really tough times.

Flash forward to a gentleman (Florida Highway Patrolman) who bought a couple of Buddy Belts from Noseprints.net and shortly thereafter was involved in a serious motorcycle accident that resulted in him being in a coma. His recovery was slow and painful and undoubtedly a very low point - I can only imagine struggling though the pain, rehab and depression, wondering if he would ever get better. I am very proud that a Keep Wagging greeting card that we sent with his order profoundly impacted his life, lifted his spirits and helped him turn a corner.

I watched this and cried because when you touch someones life, really reach them on a level that you never even though of reaching someone, you realize that this is what we seek in life. I found myself in a place where I was giving instead of taking and I would think we should all aspire to that. To give someone hope and help them through a tough time - well, it doesn't get any better than that.
Keep Wagging everyone! Monique

No comments: