Monday, April 23, 2012

One of the questions we get asked quite often is our clients want to know how to clean a dogs ears. Typically they're uncomfortable with sticking something in their dogs ears and I don't blame them. If you aren't careful, you can perforate a dog (or cats) eardrum and cause some damage. So I put together a video which is helpful (I think) because it demystifies the process and shows you how easy it really is to clean your dogs ears. And you really don't need much. I recommend using Zymox as your ear cleaning solution and you'll need gauze and Q-Tips. If you're as uncomfortable as my husband is about sticking a Q-Tip in your dog or cats ear, don't do it. Use the gauze to wipe out as much gunk, then flush again with the Zymox.

Oh, and when you see a dog scratching their ears or face? Check their ears because many times that is want they're reacting to. Allergies, infections, there is no shortage what can cause this problem. And certain breeds are more susceptible to ear problems.


Enjoy and if you have any questions, please contact me!

Monique
NosePrints.net

No comments: