Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pied-billed Grebe

Be still.
You would be surprised what you see when you just stop. And look...pay attention to life around you.

From time to time, I like to remind myself to just...slow down and take in life. Its very easy to get caught up in things and, in a totally oblivious state, take for granted the unique life swirling about you. Case in point. My husband and I went kayaking (without the dogs) and sort of blowing through the river, not really taking in the beautiful life forms around us. We decided to just stop and take a moment...and what do we see? Something that looked like a duck...but not. We drifted along, following the little guy. He had the most unique way of submerging...just sort of slowly going straight down, almost as if he were being pulled straight down. Fortunately, we were able to get a good shot of him on video...we had to look him up and I found out what he was: a pied-billed Grebe.

Take a look at this cutey:


No comments: