Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dental procedures for Dogs and cats

Months ago I wrote about non anesthetic dental procedures and how you could save money (by not having to pay extra to have your dog or cat put under) and how POTENTIALLY this is much safer for your dog or cat. Let me clarify: although most meds used these days are very safe for animals, there is always a risk when ever you are put under anesthesia. Humans too. It's why we have to sign a waiver when we have a procedure. There is always a risk. That being said and all things being equal, I still think this is the way to go simply because it is a lot easier on an animal. They don't have to wake up groggy, have no idea what is going on and be terrified until the drug(s) wear off. 

One other point I'd like to emphasize is that there are very, very few people who are qualified to do a non anesthetic dental. Pet Dental Services  and their staff.  Again, the point that I brought up last time is "do your homework"... check references, check qualifications, ask questions. 
Once again, I'll post the video for those who have not seen it. 

Keep Wagging!

No comments: